What is the HBC GigaHome app?
RS Fiber’s network administrator, HBC, has made its WiFi management app available to RS Fiber customers.
The HBC GigaHome app is an Android or Apple smartphone app that puts you in control of your home WiFi network.
What can I do with the app?
- Change your WiFi network name and password.
- See the devices currently using your WiFi and categorize them. (i.e. personal devices, work devices, mobile devices, gaming devices)
- Pause the Internet for any device, at any time.
- Create routines for scheduled downtime. (i.e. bedtime or limited access to gaming devices during school time)
- Create a temporary guest network and text the login information directly from the app. (i.e. house guests, visitors, babysitters, pet sitters)
- Run a speed test.
- Get alerts anytime a new device is connected to your network.
What is ExperienceIQ?
A service that protects children from harmful or inappropriate content, limits screen time on devices or applications, and displays online usage through our enhanced parental control app. It also enables you to prioritize types of traffic or devices on your network.
How is this going to benefit my family?
- Provide a safer Internet experience by blocking inappropriate categories like pornography or violence.
- Block applications that you deem inappropriate. (i.e. gaming applications like Call of Duty, or social applications like Snapchat)
- Set time limits for specific applications, like TikTok or Fortnite to cap screen time.
- Set Safe Search and YouTube Restriction to block harmful or inappropriate content when searching on Google, Bing, or YouTube. YouTube restriction also blocks all comments on videos which often include inappropriate language.
- View usage data for all devices to better understand HOW the Internet is being used in your home.
- Prioritize application groups (like work apps during the day, and streaming apps in the evening) or devices (like your work laptop) to make sure the most important devices have dedicated bandwidth.
What is ProtectIQ?
A network-level security service that protects ALL devices connected to your WiFi. If it’s connected, it’s protected!
How does ProtectIQ keep my home network safe?
- Protects ALL of the devices in your network.
- Proactively monitors your home’s incoming traffic and automatically blocks anything suspicious.
- Blocks attempted visits to known harmful websites, presenting users with a browser message indicating that the website is not available.
- Provide an active security monitoring service that uses a large and constantly growing database of threats. (database is updated weekly)
- Uses intrusion prevention settings (IPS) to monitor, notify, and prevent activity such as hackers trying to gain access to the local video content (WiFi connected doorbell or baby monitor), virtual meetings, and other streams.
- Actively terminates data transfers before a malicious payload is delivered to any vulnerable network device.
- Notifies users whenever a security issue is triggered, with details about the device that was attacked, where the attack came from, and when the attack occurred.
HBC GigaHome App Features
GigaHome Router Comparison Chart
|App Features||GigaHome Gateway||GigaHome Blast|
|Connected Device Information||X||X|
|Parental Control Profiles||X||X|
|Schedule Time Limits||X||X|
|Change WiFi SSID (Network Name) and Password||X||X|
|Registration and Onboarding||X||X|
|Places (Available in 21.1)||X||X|
|Smart Home Devices||X|
|ExperienceIQ (Parental Controls) and My Priorities||X|
|ProtectIQ (Network Security)||X|
Is there any cost for this app?
- The HBC GigaHome app is included with your GigaHome router rental.
- ProtectIQ service is included with your GigaHome Blast router rental.
- ExperienceIQ service requires a monthly fee. To enable this service, please contact our Customer Care team at (800) 628-1754.