Cord cutting is an alternative, Internet-based way to stream all of your TV and movie entertainment. It takes a lot of bandwidth…but luckily, that’s what RS Fiber does best.
RS Fiber Partnered Streaming Services
100+ channels. Starting at $59.99/month.
fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live TV streaming service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies, and news for the entire household. Watch live TV channels, thousands of on-demand titles, and more on your TV, phone, tablet, computer and other devices. 7-day free trial included.
60+ channels. $20/month.
Philo is live and on demand TV with 60+ channels, including A&E, AMC, Discovery, Hallmark, Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1, and much more. Your Philo subscription comes with unlimited DVR, ability to customize your experience with multiple profiles, and gives you the ability to watch from your TV, laptop, phone, or tablet. 7-day free trial included.
-Prices listed may not include applicable taxes or fees. fuboTV and Philo streaming services are paid directly to the streaming service provider.
- Myth: If I cut the cord I have to give up live TV.
- Fact: You can get live TV, including most of the major broadcast networks, local news, and sports.
- Myth: If I cut the cord I have to give up DVR.
- Fact: Many streaming services now include cloud DVR with your service subscription.
- Myth: If I cut the cord I have to give up my favorite shows.
- Fact: You can most likely get all of your favorite shows and pay less to watch them.
- Internet-Connected Streaming Devices: If streaming services are part of your cord cutting plan, you will need a way to bring those subscriptions to your screens. In some cases, between gaming consoles and Internet-connected smart TVs, you may already have what you need. If not, there are various other options to choose from including, but not limited to: Apple TV®, Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, or a Roku Streaming Stick.
- Streaming Services and Apps: The key to effective cord-cuttery is being aware of what apps are available on your streaming device of choice and just how much they’re going to cost you. On-Demand services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are the most popular. Recently a wave of live TV streaming services like Apple TV+, fuboTV, Philo, Sling TV, and YouTube TV have become serious competition for traditional cable service. There are tons of additional apps to choose from, including plenty of free content.
- Fast and Reliable Internet Service: Streaming TV over the Internet requires a fast and reliable Internet connection—one that won’t leaving you hanging with buffering or lag. Luckily, RS Fiber has you covered with speeds up to 1 Gigabit (1,000 Mbps) and unlimited data. Most streaming services will recommend anywhere from a 5 Mbps to a 25 Mbps Internet connection. When deciding which Internet speed is right for you, keep in mind all the Internet-connected devices in your home. The more devices you have, the more your network bandwidth is accessed and the more speed you need.
-Amazon Fire TV is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. This is an independent publication of RS Fiber and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc. Apple TV is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Many people already have streaming capable devices in their home and don’t even know it: gaming consoles (Xbox or PlayStation), Smart TVs with built-in apps, Blu-Ray players, and media hubs. Write down the make and model of any TV(s) or streaming capable device(s) that you already own.
What streaming services (if any) do you use?
Everyone has a different level of understanding with cord cutting. From a seasoned tech pro that uses multiple services to a newbie who just wants to know “What the heck is a Hulu!?” Write down any streaming services that you already use.
What channels or shows do you watch?
This is possibly the most important step in cutting the cord—identifying what channels, shows, news, movies, and sports teams you watch on a regular basis. Doing this helps narrow down the option(s) and makes the cord cutting transition much easier for you. Write down your favorite channels and shows.