Installing the HBC GigaHome App and Setting up your WiFi
RS Fiber’s network administrator, HBC, has made its WiFi management app available to RS Fiber customers.
- Download the app. You can search either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for HBC GigaHome, then install it on your mobile device.
- Once installed, launch the application and select Let’s Get Started.
- Select Sign Up towards the bottom of the screen.
- If your system is plugged in and connected select YES to continue. Otherwise, select Not sure? and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Tap the QR code icon that appears within the app. (You will be asked to allow the app to access your camera.) Point your camera at the QR code found on either the bottom or side of your GigaHome router system, or on the sticker that came in your box. Select OK. After you select Submit, you may be asked to enter your account number.
- Complete the following steps to finish setting up your WiFi. Name your network and create a password.
- The Network Name (SSID) is what you will use as your wireless connection name.
- Create a password for your wireless network. If you do not want to change it on all the devices in your home, use your existing wireless SSID and passwords from your current router.
- Security Type can be left to default setting of WPA – WPA2-Personal.
- Place (Optional) is for adding a description of where your equipment is located.
- Click Done and your setup is complete.
View the HBC GigaHome App Consumer Guide for more information on the app features and functionality.
-App Store® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.